At Pond Mountain Inn we are proud to celebrate Earth Day. We try our best to have more respect for nature, as well as an understanding of how to live more environmentally. We have an Environmental Responsibility Strategy and are focused on integrating environmental sustainability throughout our small business footprint.
The beautiful nature and clean air that surrounds us here in Vermont, may not be available if it were not for those who worked so hard and are still working worldwide to environmentally protect our air, land and water.
Our goals and beliefs include:
- Reducing and measuring our energy and water consumption patterns.
- Increasing local and organic dining options by partnering with local farmers, growers and seafood purveyors.
- Sourcing environmentally preferred products.
- Eliminating, reducing and replacing the harsh effects of laundry detergents and cleaning products
with environmentally friendly products.
- Integrating Eco-friendly cleaning brands: Green Clean, Oxy-Green, Nature’s Way, Simple Green, Neutraclean, Bi-O-Kleen, Mrs. Meyer’s cleaning products, Clorox Green Works, Ecos, Seventh Generation cleaning products and traditional eighteenth/nineteenth century cleaning remedies.
- Diverting 700-1000 lbs. of municipal waste through an active composting strategy, thus reclaiming valuable natural resources that will be integrated back into our organic gardens.
- Keeping indoor plants throughout the inn to absorb harmful gases and generate fresh oxygen.
Happy Earth Day